We all know that ‘New Year’s resolutions’ don’t always last, so why not step up for the sea and think of these as lifestyle changes for the oceans instead. They’re just ideas and you don’t have to adopt them all, but remember that all the little things add up.
Tackle our plastic overload
- Say no to straws.
- Don’t buy plastic bags.
- Go plastic free.
Spread the word
- Tell more people about ocean issues and start conversations. Talk to people, post photos, share stories and watch films.
- Sign petitions for issues you care about, it really can help.
Distance yourself from the ugly side of the beauty industry
- Check your skincare/beauty products for microbeads and stop using those that do. You can check here.
- Switch from disposable face wipes to cotton flannels. Read why here.
Don’t fall for convenience
- Don’t buy overpackaged stuff, especially food.
- Bring your own takeaway cup to coffee shops, it’s cheaper too.
- Don’t get takeaway lids.